In 2016, plastic and reconstructive surgery was more popular than ever. You definitely don’t need to live in L.A. anymore to know someone who just got a nose job and you certainly don’t need to be Kylie Jenner to get lip injections. However, despite a rise in popularity, many people considering plastic surgery options are still in the dark about the risks and benefits associated with their ideal surgery.
In order to cover our bases, we’re centering on a common plastic surgery option requested by our patients – a Face Lift. A Face Lift is a surgical procedure that is performed to enhance the appearance of the patient’s face by revealing a youthful look. If you’re considering undergoing a Face Lift, it is important to fully understand all the risks and benefits involved with a procedure. So, if you’ve ever thought to yourself, “Should I get a facelift?” then you should understand the risks and benefits involved with getting it, so here they are:
· Enhanced appearance in the one spot everyone sees – your face! The enhancements usually involve youthful looking skin due to tighter, healthier looking skin.
· Enhanced appearance without any noticeable scars – most facelifts are performed in a manner where there are no obvious traces of cosmetic surgery.
· Reduce and eliminate the lines, wrinkles, and sagging in your facial skin with the ability to focus on areas such as the forehead, cheek area, eye area, neckline, and jowls.
· Facelifts are easily and often performed in conjunction with other cosmetic procedures saving you time and money while increasing the cohesiveness of your enhancements.
· Facelifts can be performed uniquely to each patient’s need maximizing the likelihood that they will be satisfied with their results.
· Improved feelings about the way you look, feel, and live – there’s no need to stress over whether people can tell if you’re old, but if you do feel that stress, decreasing any stress can increase your life quality exponentially!
While there might seem like there is a lot of risks involved, it is important to keep it mind that Face Lifts are typically safe procedures when performed by an appropriately trained professional, so keep that in mind when searching for a plastic surgeon. However, it’s always important to understand that plastic surgery is not without risks. Here’s a list of the associated complications of Face Lifts.
· There’s always the possibility of suffering from an infection following the procedure and experiencing soreness and pain, just as with any surgical treatment.
· Since they’re making incisions in the skin, there is always a risk of excess swelling, bruising, bleeding, and fluid accumulation especially in the area of the incisions.
· There is a chance that the wounds will heal poorly and you might suffer skin loss from the procedure.
· You could possibly experience numbness or other changes in your skin’s sensations.
· There is also a chance that you might experience skin complications and irregularities such as skin discoloration.
· There is a rare chance that you could experience facial nerve injury with weakness.
· You might also experience temporary, and sometimes even permanent, hair loss in the area of the small incisions.
· There are all the risks associated with going under anesthesia, so it is important to understand the risks of anesthesia when undergoing any surgery.
At the end of the day, the risks involved with getting a Face Lift are typically unlikely to occur, but it is important to understand the risks as they do exist. Face Lifts are surgeries, and you can never be too careful when it comes to understanding the risks of a surgery you are electing to undergo. If you have any worries, questions, or concerns, don’t be hesitant to set up a consultation in order to discuss your options with our chief plastic surgeon, Dr. Z.
So, if you’ve considered the possibility of undergoing a Face Lift procedure, or want to learn more, don’t hesitate to set up your consultation with our board certified plastic surgeon at HZ plastic surgery! We offer high-quality Face Lift procedures in the Orlando area, so contact us to set up a visit today.