What is a rhinoplasty?
While you're most likely familiar with a Rhinoplasty, also known as a nose job, you most likely do not understand the in's and out's of this popular procedure. A Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure that aims to reshape the nose to either enhance the appearance or improve the functionality of the nose. In cases of aesthetic enhancement, Dr. Z will restore facial harmony and symmetry by sculpting the cartilage/bone. In cases of functionality improvement, Dr. Z will make adjustments in order to simply increase your nasal abilities rather than aim to change the outer appearance. Many patients choose this procedure because they feel that their nose is too big, too wide, too long, upturned, asymmetrical, etc. Sometimes, patients break their nose and simply are unhappy with the way it altered their appearance. Whatever the case may be, Rhinoplasty surgery is the 5th most common plastic surgery procedure among patients. Choose a Rhinoplasty in Orlando, FL.
Dr. Z's Expertise:
At HZ Plastic Surgery, we believe that each and every one of our patients should befully informed about the procedure they are considering. Rather than hearing from friends or reading online, you can listen to a qualified, skilled plastic surgeon explain the procedure, technique, and recovery time. Check out our chief plastic surgeon, Dr. Z, explain the top 5 things you should know about Rhinoplasty surgery in Orlando.
Who is a good candidate?
Plastic surgery should always be a personal decision that is not influenced by the opinions of others. As with any plastic surgery, patients must always be in good health to be considered for this procedure. So, what makes a "good" candidate besides simply being in good health?
- You feel your nose is too small or big for your face
- You feel your nose is too wide
- Your nasal tip faces upward or downward
- Nostrils are excessively large or pinched
- Nose is crooked after an accident
- An injury led to asymmetry
- Difficulty breathing
How long is recovery?
Following your Rhinoplasty procedure, our plastic surgery team will place a stint on your nose to help optimize your recovery process. Recovery time for a nose job is minimal, however it is important to keep a few things in mind, especially during the first 48 hours:
- Don't blow your nose
- Wear buttoned up clothes, nothing that needs to come over your head
- Brush your teeth gently to avoid aggravating your nose
- Apply cold compresses
- Take baths instead of showers
Typically, patients are able to return to work within a week to two weeks following their nose job procedure. However, it is important to understand that your recovery time depends on various factors that Dr. Z will go over with you during your consultation. Dr. Z and our staff will guide you through your recovery process and provide specific instructions to ensure a healthy, safe, and cleanly recovery.
Are there different Rhinoplasty techniques?
Yes, there are two main Rhinoplasty techniques that Dr. Z can choose between.
- Closed Rhinoplasty: A Closed Rhinoplasty enables Dr. Z to create all the incisions inside of the nose which helps to avoid external scarring. This technique is generally used as a first resort, as it enables Dr. Z to reconstruct the nose while limiting scarring. However, for more extensive nose jobs, Dr. Z may choose an Open Rhinoplasty technique.
- Open Rhinoplasty: This technique enables Dr. Z to have extended access to the cartilage and bone, however an Open Rhinoplasty will leave some scar tissue. This involves an incision in-between both of your nostrils which leaves a virtually unnoticeable scar. This technique is typically used for patient that wish to alter the tip of their nose, patients that experience a traumatic injury, or patients that expect a large change in their nose appearance.
Can I finance this procedure?
If you're interested in financing a Rhinoplasty in Orlando, then you're in luck. We have partnered with United Medical Credit to ensure that all of our patients can get the procedure they want, with payments they can afford! Click here to submit your application today!
SCHEDULE FREE CONSULTATION
If you're considering a rhinoplasty in Orlando, schedule a FREE one-on-one consultation with our chief plastic surgeon, Dr. Z.