WHAT IS restylane?
Restylane is a group of dermal filler gel made of hyaluronic acid that aims to smooth moderate to severe wrinkles (Restylane & Restylane Lift), plump lips (Restylane Silk), and add volume to the cheeks. These FDA approved dermal fillers are made of biodegradable, non-animal stabilized hyaluronic acid.
HOW DOES restylane WORK?
So, how does it work? All of Restylane's products were designed to mimic your naturally produced hyaluronic acid. Once injected, Restylane attracts and binds water molecules in order to enhance volume/plump limps. Restylane's NASHA's technology allows a unique particle sizes in order to offer tailored treatments for patient's needs.
- Fine Particles - Fine particles are used for fine wrinkles.
- Medium-sized Particles - Medium size particles are used for moderate to severe wrinkles.
- Large Particles - Large particles are used for severe wrinkles and patient's seeking a great deal of increased volume.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
While results can vary from patient to patient, a Restylane study reported the following standards:
- Facial Volume: Up to 12 months.
- Plump Lips: Up to 6 months.
- Smooth Wrinkles: Up to 18 months.
IS restylane PAINFUL?
As with any injection, patients can report feeling pain. However, at HZ Plastic Surgery, we use advanced techniques to ensure as minimal discomfort as possible. If you're scared of needles or simply feel uncomfortable with the injection, you can request an anesthetic (numbing cream) to aid any discomfort.
DOES IT REALLY WORK?
We understand that patients want to see results from any product they are interested in trying. So, take a look at Restylane's before and after photos here.
SCHEDULE FREE CONSULTATION
If you're considering Restylane in Orlando, schedule a FREE one-on-one consultation with our chief plastic surgeon, Dr. Z.